Best Practices Outlook Personal Folder
Microsoft Outlook Personal Folder can be tricky and time consuming to manage if not handle properly, so here’s some best practice we would like to share to make sure you avoid pitfall traps.
1. When you setup your Personal Folder make sure that it is not using the default settings as it will be hard to locate your PST files. Classic guide for Best Practices Outlook Personal Folder.
2. Make sure you rename your PST files according to the time stamp of your email archives. Another case study for Best Practices Outlook Personal Folder.
3. We suggest your create quarterly Personal Folders, so that it will be easy to track old emails by date and easy to manage.
4. Make sure your Personal Folder are password protected.
5. Don’t rely on the Archive settings provided by Microsoft Outlook Systems default as this is very hard to locate, track your old email and same time your local IT staff might accidentally delete if they purge your user profile.
6. Don’t let your PST file grow more than 2 GB as it might cause file corruption.
7. Don’t upload your huge PST files in your company File Server unless authorize as it eat huge amount of disk space in your File Server.