Archive Our Files
There’s must be a compelling reasons why We need to Archive Our Files and we will discuss with you some of the technical reasons and our experiences.
1. We need to save more spaces for our File Server? or Collaborative Application Platform. The more big files is store the more added load to the systems which may cause sluggish performance or purchase additional resources.
2. It takes time to search files especially you’re in the hurry.
3. Auditable from the IT Security perspective. Some IT Auditor doesn’t recommend old files to stay there as it create Business Risk to your organization.
4. Added workload to your IT Department Personnel. Of course the bigger the Drive the longer it’s backup to finish.
5. Consume more power to your Servers if handling tons of files.
6. There must be a number of years for files need to be retain and older than that should be Archive for safe keeping. This is something your organization need to discuss further regarding Archive Our Files.
7. Archiving your old files regularly increase confidence of your IT Department personnel as they are constantly involve in handling files thus they tend to become more sharpen in handling backup & archiving Files.